I just gave birth to my baby two weeks ago and I just noticed a hard spot that moves when I touch it on top of my hand. It hurts when I touch it what ?

Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: IV there?

It is hard to be sure without examining you, but if I had to guess, I would say it is a little bit of leftover damage following placement of an IV or an attempt at an IV.
Sometimes, some blood or scar tissue can be left after an IV catheter is removed. Do you remember having one there? If that's what it is, heat applied twice a day can speed it up it going away, but it still may take months.

In brief: IV there?

Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Adam Levy