B12 level 500 folate level 7, dr prescribed folic acid when previously had b12 injections, is this beneficial?, pernicious anemia runs in the family

Pathology

In brief: Need both

You B12 level is normal while folic acid level is borderline.
Please follow your doctor's advice about taking the two vitamins at the recommended intervals. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

In brief: Need both

Pathology

In brief: Maybe

If the units do show a low folic acid, I'd examine your eating / supplement habits, and whether you might have impaired absorption from something like early celiac disease.
I trust you're not a drinker or on phenytoin. Anemia with big red cells (high MCV) can of course result from either deficiency. If B12 was started and going on, you may still need this despite the normal level.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Adam Levy