I had emergency laparoscopic gall bladder removal 2 weeks ago. I am still getting discomfort on back and upper right abdomen. I am afraid of bike leak or stone. Is it normal to still feel discomfort after 2 weeks? My liver enzymes retured to normal.

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

If there was inflammation or infection prompting an emergency gall bladder removal, then some level of discomfort for several weeks after the procedure is normal.
Bile leak would cause significant abdominal pain, and a retained stone in the bile ducts would cause more intense and cramping pain. If any fever, see your doctor immediately!

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Call your surgeon
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery