Ear has wax and fluid buildup. Doc said no infection but tragus is swollen and ear is hurting. Ear infection?

Unlikely. You note ear wax and fluid build up. You note a doctor said no infection. You have pain and think it is infection. It is unlikely that you have an infection but I don't know your age, risks, symptoms beside pain. In the summer it could be that you have build up and pain from allergies. The sneezing and inflammation can cause fluid build up. If persists then revisit your doctor for treatments.