I have really bad back acne scars is it a bad idea to use bio oil? If yes, what should I do?

Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: ?

I have no empirical knowledge of bio oil, nor can i, on brief initial effort, discover the actual ingredients.
If i was asked to guess, i would prejudicially posit that the high customer satisfaction ratings have more to do with placebo effect, cosmetic effect orator just marketing than any objective physical benefit.

In brief: ?

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Mike Bowman
see a dermatologist, especially if the acne is active.
Pathology

In brief: No one knows

Bio oil is a new treatment that you're free to try.
If having the scars removed is important to you, then you will eventually want to look into laser resurfacing. It's your choice, and your partner's if you have one. Several young hollywood leading men have heavy acne scarring on their faces by choice, for the rugged look. Only you can decide what's right for you.

In brief: No one knows

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Uncertain

Bio oil is an otc combination of multiple herbs and mineral oil sold for improving stretch marks and acne scars.
It is for use on the skin only, & should not be used on broken or inflamed skin. If acne scars are worrisome, a dermatologist can use laser therapy or collagen injections to minimize their appearance. Online sources claim no serious negative side effects of bio oil.

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably

Acne can be made worse by obstructing the sebaceous glands that are considered the fundamental problem with acne.
Bio-oil may further interfere with adequate drainage of the sebaceous glands.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik