Started combination birth control last month, finished packet and on 3rd day of break but no period, tiny amount of clear/white discharge in vagina. S?

Dr. Elizabeth Reynoso

In brief: Birth control pills

Combination birth control pills act to inhibit ovulation and also thin the lining of the uterus.
Therefore some people do not have their period while taking birth control pills. That being said, pills are not fully effective for the first month of use, some medications especially antibiotics can decrease the effectiveness and the are only 97-99% effective. I would take a pregnancy tests to be sure

In brief: Birth control pills

Dr. Jane Van Dis