I hurt my wrist, now its swollen, painful from my fingers to my elbow and cracks when I move it. Something serious?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Seek medical care!!!
Lack of treatment could result in nerve, tendon, muscle or bone injury with permanent consequences such as pain, numbness, deformity, weakness, loss of function.
Don't delay.

In brief: Seek medical care!!!
Don't delay.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Stuart Hilliard
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Need evaluation
From what you described, it sounds like you may have sustained a fracture or injury to one of the ligaments in the wrist.
You should be evaluated by a specialist with x-rays and a good physical exam. An MRI may also be necessary.

In brief: Need evaluation
Dr. Stuart Hilliard
Dr. Stuart Hilliard
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Maybe
What was the injury? If pain and swelling around a joint for more than a couple of days i would get an x-ray to rule out a fracture.
If pain is intense then see a doc sooner rather than later.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
You must have this checked and x-rays.
Sounds like a serious fracture.

You must have this checked and x-rays.
Sounds like a serious fracture.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine