My daughter started vomiting out of no where and spiked a fever what could cause this?

Pathology
In brief: Rule out meningitis
If the fever is high, or your daughter seems at all obtunded, or the neck is stiff, vomiting is persistent, there is a headache, or the child simply seems very ill, an emergency room visit is in order -- even though a mild viral illness can give a low fever and vomiting.

In brief: Rule out meningitis
2 comments
Dr. James Glauber
Quite true, but the probability of a stomach virus as the cause is much higher than meningitis. If your child seems very ill you should seek medical attention.
Dr. Benjamin D. Gold
Meningitis is definitely on the differential diagnosis. However, I agree with Dr Glauber and would be more concerned about a gastrointestinal infection, or even severe pharyngitis. The key is to make sure that the fever is able to be controlled with anti-pyretics (tylenol, ibuprofen) and that she is able to stay hydrated.
Dr. Cindy Juster