My boyfriend just found out he has type 2 herpes , will it turn into HIV ? What happens to me ? Am I safe ?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Herpes

You probably have herpes also.
It does not "turn into" HIV but can get both from same or different person. They often "run" together. Now you know why we recommend protection. Good luck. I would ask that he be tested for HIV and if + you need to be tested.

In brief: Herpes

You probably have herpes also.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim
Pathology

In brief: No

It will not turn into HIV.
If you have had unprotected intercourse, you probably have it to. I'm glad you have one another. There are many things in life that are far more important than simply avoiding common viruses. You should both be pleased and proud that you have this relationship. Even though human love is never perfect, it's something to cherish. Best wishes to you both.

In brief: No

It will not turn into HIV.