I am experiencing chest pain or discomfort (quality: feels sharp or stabbing, sensation of tearing pain, stinging or burning sensation) (better by...

Chest pain. Much more information about your symptoms is required in order to make a diagnosis. A physician will take a thorough history, perform a physical examination and order appropriate tests in order to make a diagnosis. Chest discomfort can emanate from the rib cage, lungs, heart, aorta, breast or esophagus. A pinched nerve or muscle in the rib cage may be the culprit in your case.