My mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Would cryotherapy/surgery be good for her to try?

No. Stage 4 breast cancer is defined by the spread of cancer to other organ(s). This requires treating the entire body, typically with chemotherapy. Breast surgery plays a (limited) role in treating stage 4 patients, but never with cryotherapy. Perhaps you could come with your mother the next time she sees her medical oncologist?
Medically. Stage 4 breast cancer is treated medically. You should discuss your concerns with your medical oncologist.