If I had bronchitis when I was youjger is it possible to have it again?

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal

Most cases of "bronchitis" are in reality asthma attacks when it comes to a child.
If you had several episodes as a child it was indeed mkst likelly asthma. Asthma usually shows up again later in life. Even if it is not your case (having asthma) the answer is still yes, bronchitis may come at any age.

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Yes...

Acute bronchitis is caused by an infection of the airways, either viral or bacterial.
Unfortunately, different organisms can cause the infection so repeated bronchitis infections are common!

In brief: Yes...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology