Pain in my right Achilles heel area?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

There are a number of possibilities, the most common being a Tendonitis of the Achilles' tendon.
I would not hesitate to be seen to clarify the diagnosis and to discuss treatment options.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: There can

Be a few things wrong.
You can have a spur o n the back of the heel, a calcified Achilles' tendon, tenosynovitis of the tendon, a partial tear of the tendon. A simple exam with a foot specialist can help differentiate.
In the meantime a backless shoe like a clog or Nike Hurrache is a good idea as is icing the area. A small heel lift is also a good idea. A night splint helps keep a sustained

In brief: There can

Be a few things wrong.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Kevin Watson
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tendonitis

This is most commonly Achilles tendonitis that can be seen after increased activity.
Often the best treatment is NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Advil), Ice to the area, and Achilles stretching exercises. This can be easily found with a google search.

In brief: Tendonitis

Dr. Kevin Watson
Dr. Kevin Watson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine