What can I give a 6 week old for fever 99.6?

In brief: Just monitor
It would be prudent to continue monitoring the child without givng a med that could mask a problem.For the first 8 wks we worry about babies that might have picked up a germ at delivery that finally invaded the blood & could cause blood poisoning or meningitis.
Any rectal temp >100.4 deserves an immediate trip to the er.If just warmly wrapped, lay out & see if temp comes down on its own-then no pbm.

In brief: Just monitor
Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour
In brief: Nothing!
Here is the cookbook version: if this is an armpit temp, then recheck it rectally and if the temp is above 100.
4 for the first 2-3 month of life i recommend all my patient to go to the ed. During the first 2-3 month no meds are recommended unless you are told by your doctor. Now, if 99.6 is a rectal temp and your baby looks well, then make sure he is not overdressed and just monitor the temp.

In brief: Nothing!
Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour
Dr. Ali Hallaj-pour
Dr. UZMA IQBAL
In brief: Fever in newborn
99.6f is not a fever in newborn.
100.4 f or more is the fever and if temp is 100.4 f or more take newborn to the doctor for immediate evaluation.

In brief: Fever in newborn
99.6f is not a fever in newborn.
Dr. UZMA IQBAL
Dr. UZMA IQBAL
Dr. Jonathan Jassey