What could b causing pain under right rib when bending over? When I stand straightup & stretch I can feel something move back into place then its fine

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Rib cage

You could be experiencing benign instability of the rib-vertebra junction or rib-sternum junction.
Somtimes inflammation of the joints where the rib meets your vertebra in the back or where the rib meets your breast bone (sternum) in the front can cause pain and a sense of the rib moving in and out of place. If symptoms persist see your doctor.

In brief: Rib cage

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Floating Rib

Uncertain exactly what but this could be a floating rib, slippage of tendons, an unhealed fracture, etc when you see your physician an x-ray or other imaging may be necessary, .

In brief: Floating Rib

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine