My husband has a huge hole on his tounge I think because he rubs his tounge on his teeth. Can you please let us know what it possibly could be?

Get checked. It is hard to believe that your husband has a hole in his tongue, but could be a deep ulcer instead. Ulcers on the tongue if persistent for more than 3-4 weeks require that a biopsy be done to exclude a serious issue like Cancer. You should get him checked by a dentists as soon as possible.
Sorry, no. I doubt that it is really a hole in his tongue. If so, it's probably something serious that needs to be diagnosed asap. Lots of other possibilities. Merely listing possible causes is not only not helpful but a disservice to him. Please have a local dentist clinically evaluate and diagnose what you are referring to.
Tongue. There are several things that can cause a "hole" in a tongue., ranging from trauma, infections to oral cancer.There is only one way to find out what this hole is and that is to see a dentist, oral surgeon or oral medicine specialist. Don't wait for things to get worse. If is has been there more than 2 weeks it is time to get it checked.