I had a pelvic vein embolization guided by fluoroscopy dlp 4000mgy.cm . 2 months later a chest ct dlp 272mgy.cm ctdivol 6mgy and just 2 days later a repeat head ct basically 2 in 1:1800mgy.cm Ctdivol 84mgy. Was that too much radiation ? I was 22 only

Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: No

I attached a nice radiation dose reference document for common radiology tests endorsed by American College of Radiology & RSNA.
Basically, if we add your radiation exposure it would be comparable to about 6 years of natural background radiation. However, it's was even less since different body parts were exposed when you had pelvic congestion syndrome embolization treatment, CT chest & head exams

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Dr. Michael Ginsburg
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: I don't think

I can accurately add together your doses of diagnostic radiation (though I am impressed you were able to obtain them!).
Of course, no radiation is best, so it is a risk/benefit question. It would seem all of these procedures were necessary and were more benefit than harm. Make every medical decision with that in mind. Limiting non-background exposure to 100 mrem (1 mSv) per year is one guideline.

In brief: I don't think

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology