Swelling down the right side of my body. Pain in right shoulder.hard to breathe when I raise it. No tingling or pain anywhere else. What could this be?

Dr. Erik Maus
Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine

In brief: Lesser thoracic duct

Swelling on right side of the body, pain in right shoulder and difficulties breathing when elevating the arm should have a good physical exam and imaging studies.
Compression of the lesser thoracic duct could explain right sided swelling. Difficulties breathing due to positional changes may be caused by an enlarged thyroid inside the chest, anatomic anomalies, a mass, etc.

In brief: Lesser thoracic duct

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine