I am experiencing bronchitis and asthma cough and wheezing (worsened by: in the evening, at night). Shortness of breath. What should I...

Doctor can examine. An asthma patient may need more doses of asthma medication or a second medication, or just fine-tuning of her asthma meds. If the doctor feels there is bronchitis or pneumonia, an antibiotic may be needed. Sometimes a chest x-ray is done to see if there is something unusual going on, but a chest x-ray is usually not needed in simpler cases of asthma.