I am experiencing panic attack, anxious and pounding heart i feel in upper back when lay down, doctor says I had a 4mm nodule on my thyroid 6 months ago, now is 9mm but dif place sonogramed it and no blood in it. Panic never been this bad?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Hyperthyroidism can

and does tweak metabolic rates, which can be unsettling, psychologically, and stimulating, physiologically.
Either can trigger a panic reaction, because anxiety in general, is designed to mobilize our resources in response to something we cannot manage or control. First, neutralize the effects of the thyroid, and then see a therapist for background psychology stuff.

In brief: Hyperthyroidism can

Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine