I might be having a panic attack?

Panic attack. A panic attack is a severe attack of anxiety and fear which occurs suddenly, often without warning, and for no apparent reason. The symptoms mainly occur because of an overdrive of nervous impulses from the brain to various parts of the body during a attack. To ease a panic attack, or to prevent one from becoming worse, breathe as slowly and as deeply as you can. See Gp if you have repeated attack.
Calm down then. what are you panicking over, is it real danger or imaginary? call your counselor , avoid danger, call a trusted freind or clergy , pray . panick attakcs often have symptoms of short of breath or chest pain , if nay heart disease risk go to er to be sure ,call 911 , if not get tested for such ,

Related Questions

As it seems I might have had a panic attack. What type of doctor should I visit?

Primary MD to Start. If you think you may have experienced a panic attack, a good place to start is with your primary care physician (pcp). She/he should be able to take a comprehensive history and perform a physical examination to determine the appropriate diagnosis. If indeed one has experienced a panic attack, your pcp may refer you to a psychiatrist or licensed therapist for further evaluation and/or treatment. Read more...
See your PCP. Your pcp should be able to determine if your panic attack is caused by a medical condition or not and will make the appropriate referral if needed. Read more...