Treatment for mallet finger?

A mallet finger. Is when the extensor tendon at the tip of a finger ruptures. The rupture of this tendon can involve the tendon alone, be associated with a small bone fragment or fracture or can be associated with a fracture that requires significant care. The fingertip joint cannot extend and droops or lags despite effort to activley extend. http://tinyurl.com/y6wr3ykm.
Varies. It varies somewhat based upon exam and X-ray findings; but in general a splint is used to hold the finger in complete extension for 6 weeks and then used at night for 6 weeks. During the first 6 weeks, it is very important that the splint not be removed if you will be essentially starting over.
SPLINT. Finger needs to be splinted straight Splint must be on full time and not removed for 4 weeks Splint from tip of finger to second knuckle.