I have pain and swelling following a root canal 2 days ago. There was infection in one of the canals.

Increasing? If pain/swelling is increasing may mean presence of residual infection, incomplete fill, root fracture, slightly elongated temporary filling, etc. if pain/swelling decreasing, remember that all surgical procedures have a healing time. Please call the Dentist or specialist Endodontist who treated you for reevaluation.
Contact DDS. Call your dentist and or endodontist that performed the procedure, based upon their findings, variables include, need for antibiotic therapy, changing an antibiotic , nothing, reducing the occlusion or actually reopening the tooth, two days ago is probably minor. Call or see your provider to make sure.