When I goto sleep I have difficulty breathing, cold sweats and what feels like an irregular pulse, downward slope has 2 spikes on heart rate monitor.

Monitor. If you had your symptoms while wearing a holter monitor,the print out will show exactly what the heart rhythm was at the time. If there was a significant dysrhythmia it could explain a sensation of palpitations and shortness of breath. Sleep apnea is another possibility. Hypoglycemia is less likely. A sleep study may be indicated. A cardiologist should be evaluating and advising you.