Hi. Ovarian cancer, spread to bowel. Was considered for HIPEC but spread to small bowel means surgery not possible. Any alternatives to palliative chemo?

Here are my suggesti. Ovarian Cancer often involved multiple organs in the abdomen including the small bowel. In fact the bowel involvement is very common. Because of the above reasoning, surgery(often called Debulking surgery) is commonly done first treatment for optimum results. Chemotherapy is often done following surgery(with a few exceptions where Neoadjuvant chemotherapy (done first, before surgery) is preferred.