65 y.o. Male fell on butt complains of lower back pain with tenderness to left of lumbar spine?

Requires x-rays and. examination to rule out fractured lumbar vertebra or coccyx/
Lumbar sprain. Likely you sprained your lower back muscles. If, however, the pain radiates to the left lower leg or foot there may be more going on, & warrants a checkup by a physician. If also leg numbness & trouble urinating, there may be a serious problem & you should go to the emergency room. Hope that helps. .
Best to see doctor. The bones are aging at 65 years old. Get checked out to be sure no significant trauma .