How can I get rid of a tonsel stone if it is hard to access using a toothpick? Can it hurt me in the long run if I don't get rid of it?

Dr.

In brief: Don't use toothpick

Might cause significant bleeding which could be serious so please avoid.
Usually they don't cause serious problems. I would usually recommend an ENT opinion about them and where removing the tonsils as a way of getting rid of the tonsolith is required or appropriate - they are often associated with recurrent tonsillitis. I suggest doctor or ENT consult to take things further.

In brief: Don't use toothpick

Dr.
Dr. Alan Steinbach

In brief: Leave alone

amygdaliths or tonsilar stones are generally not noticed until they dislodge and suddenly appear as a hard white lump about the size of a rice grain.
Trying to remove them is not a great idea. They are not associated with any malignant condition.

In brief: Leave alone

Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Alan Steinbach
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: DON'T

Leave it alone unless you want to end up at the business end of a surgical scalpel.

In brief: DON'T

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Adam Levy