I am experiencing irregular menstrual periods ever since being off the pill. When will I ovulate if I have a 30-31 cycle?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Day 16 or 17

Ovulation will occur 14 days prior to the onset of the 30-31 day period which is Day 16 or Day 17.

In brief: Day 16 or 17

Dr. Lisa Roazen
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Do LH testing

Even women with usual 28 day cycles don't all ovulate on the same date midcycle.
You may find using LH testing strips, which check your urine for a specific hormone, to be your best and most reliable way of knowing when you ovulate. Ovulation test kits or strips are widely available and can help you track your cycles more precisely. Good luck!

In brief: Do LH testing

Dr. Jane Van Dis