I've had my tonsils out and my lymph nodes seem to be swollen lot can it be from allergies I get a lot of drainage?

Pathology

In brief: Inflammation

Enlarged nodes are usually an indication of inflammation, mostly from infections.
You may watch and wait. You may feel the nodes every couple of weeks, if the lymph glands double in size, become painful, ulcerate, or other nodes become enlarged, or you develop fever, you should see a doctor.

In brief: Inflammation

Dr. Edward Workman
Pain Management

In brief: Yes,allergy possible

Having your tonsils out doesn't prevent pharyngitis or throat infections.
It simply prevents tonsillitis. Many types of infection and other processes can cause neck lymph node swelling, from tooth and gum infections to neoplasms, to allergic inflammation. You should see your PCP and possibly an ENT to be sure of the cause.

In brief: Yes,allergy possible

Dr. Edward Workman
Dr. Edward Workman
Dr. Shontae Buffington