Hi, I've had a verruca scar on my foot since childhood, but since yesterday the area has deepened and there is a rising underneath the open skin. Any ?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

I would have it looked at.
It is not common, but there have been cases where previous scars have developed skin cancer in them, particularly if you have no explanation such as an injury there.

In brief: Be seen

I would have it looked at.
Dr. Edward Workman
Pain Management

In brief: Common wart, use emu

Verruca is the common wart.
It Can be treated w/ emu oil (has antiviral properties locally). It is caused by a viral that is highly contagious but not truly dangerous. It can be irritating depending upon location. Some think that the virus can remain latent in the wart scar site and become activated during stress or immune compromise. If not better with topical tx, see a dermatologist.

In brief: Common wart, use emu

Verruca is the common wart.
Dr. Shontae Buffington