What causes sudden stomach pain and gas! Sometimes I would have a bowel movement but other times I wouldn't.

How long? A viral illness and/or food poisoning are probably the most common causes of those symptoms but that usually moves thru your system in a few days. If this has been going on longer than that you should see an md for a work up. There are inflammatory colitises, food intolerances, parasitic diseases and other diseases that may cause the same symptoms but over a prolonged period.
There are many. possible causes for the symptoms you are expressing but it is most likely related to something you ate. Either you have a food allergy or an intolerance. It is possible that you have eaten tainted food. In general this is not something to be too worried about but a thorough evaluation by a health care professional would set your mind at ease. Make an appointment for this.