My nasal spray was almost empty, & I accidentally shot a big shot of pure air up my nose! It went so far in. Will I be OKAY? Could it cause embolism?

Dr. Patrick Tapia

In brief: It is probably okay

An air embolism would not probably result from what you did, and to put it another way when someone uses a CPAP or BiPAP machine they are subjecting their respiratory system to elevated pressures and they do just fine.
If you notice any persistent effects you could get them checked out at an emergency room or urgent care clinic although I highly doubt that would be necessary. Stay safe!

In brief: It is probably okay

Dr. Patrick Tapia
Dr. Patrick Tapia
Pathology

In brief: No embolism

Shooting air into your nose will not cause embolism. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats.
Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine

In brief: No embolism

Dr. Peter Kurzweil