I have an irrational fear and anxiety that if I don't use smokeless tobacco before I go to sleep that I won't be able to fall asleep. I had insomnia for years. I no longer have it. But, I can't escape the irrational fears and anxiety that I have abou?

Dr. Andrew Kaplan

In brief: Real help

I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing your concern here, but if you'd like to get better you'll need to seek professional help outside the internet.
Begin with your primary care doctor and request a referral to a qualified psychotherapist. These symptoms could be from a variety of problems and you obviously are experiencing distress, so you owe it to yourself to get the right help.

In brief: Real help

Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Dr. Andrew Kaplan