I am experiencing vaginal itching and irregular menstrual periods.

See a gynecologist. It's a good idea for you to see a gynecologist to discuss these issues. It's possible that you may have a yeast infection. Some people will try an over-the-counter remedy like Monistat and if that does not work then they will see their doctor. Regarding heavy periods, I would definitely recommend an exam and then maybe consider using birth control pills to lighten the period.
Exam. Your body is changing from a girl's body to a woman's body. Time to see a GYN and wait for your hormones are regulated.
Vaginal itching. Sexually acitve? may be vaginitis or trichomonas or could be yeast rarely other issues . if irregular periods check HCG or consider sonogram to check for polycystic ovarian syndrome. f/u/ w/ urgent care or doc.
Please let your. parents know. Vaginal itching may be related to inflammation or infection. Depending on when you began having periods - sometimes it takes several years for them to become completely regular. If you are sexually active - please take a pregnancy test.