New sex partner 2 weeks. Recent fever & chills. Next day abscess with white head on vaginal lip. 2 more showed up. Express Care said not typical herpe?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Herpes seems likely

Herpes rashes can take many forms -depending on the strain of virus and the host (the patient).
It's possible you have some natural resistance to herpes, say if you already have HSV-1 the 'cold sore' virus. Herpes lesions (the rashes) usually are quite painful. The history of a new partner, and then these rashes makes me suspicious. Herpes is very common - most people don't even know they have it.

In brief: Herpes seems likely

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. S. is correct. It can be difficult to accurately diagnose herpes based only on appearance. Regardless of the opinion of the urgent care doc, you definitely need to be tested for herpes, preferably a PCR test for the virus. Make sure that if positive for HSV, the lab goes on to determine virus type (HSV1 or 2), which makes a big difference in future outbreaks, transmission risk, and treatment.