How do I get rid of the rash on my chest from my allergic reaction to icy hot? It burns and itches

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Irritant Dermatitis

Otc Hydrocortisone and/or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) cream can help unless you have any open sores.
I would also recommend using an otc oral antihistamine to decrease the itch associated with this. If it spreads or worsens, then it could also be infected. Be vigilant and keep a diary if it persists so you can tell your doctor about this. Also, a picture is worth a 1, 000 words to a doctor.

In brief: Irritant Dermatitis

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Steroids

Topical asteroids will work.
If over the counter Hydrocortisone is not strong enough you will need prescription strength steroid creams.Aloe can be used along with steroid cream for possible symptom relief.

In brief: Steroids

Topical asteroids will work.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine