I just had a lumpectomy with lymph node dissection on Thursday. I'm having a bad sore throat with swollen tonsils. Is it related?

It depends. If you underwent general anesthesia (which is likely) and were intubated when they put you to sleep for the surgery, the breathing tube inserted down your throat can cause inflammation of the throat and tonsils once it's removed. But if you also have a fever or white patches on your tonsils, you may have a throat infection. See your doctor for evaluation and treatment.