I feel dizzy and lightheaded due to my hiatal hernia compressing my lungs (diagnosed). Is there a way to alleviate the situation before surgery?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Are you sure

I would get a good medical check up before concluding the dizziness and being lightheaded is coming from a hiatal hernia, no matter no matter how large.
It is a little unusual for those two to be related. You would want to make sure things like your blood pressure and heart rate is ok. Discuss with your medical doctor.

In brief: Are you sure

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some...

Have you breathed fast & hard as well as felt dizzy & lightheaded after a short walk or up a stairway? If yes all at the same time, it may be related to hiatal hernia; if not at the same time, dizziness/lightheadedness may be not related to hiatal hernia.
So, ask your doctor who would know more about you than anyone online. Better yet? To articles in http://www.formefirst.com/onDealSickness.html.

In brief: Here are some...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Healthtap and its doc appreciate your kindness, thanks, and trust.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology