I have athletes foot with a layer of blisters. I popped the first and the one under and when I popped that there was some blood in it. But there's another deep one under that, that appears to be mostly blood. It really hurts. How do I treat at home?

Dr. Karim Badawy
Podiatry

In brief: Antifungals/Consult

Hello, Athlete's foot with blister formation is usually indicative of a specific type of dermatophyte called Trichophyton Mentagrophytes.
The issue becomes complicated when the blisters can have whats considered a bacterial super infection. I would strongly recommend you seek a specialist consult, especially if this is longstanding. If your foot becomes red, hot, swollen, with malodor head to ER

In brief: Antifungals/Consult

Dr. Karim Badawy
Dr. Karim Badawy
Dr. Parthiban Munnainathan

In brief: OTC Fungal Cream

If this is atheletes foot you can try over the counter medications targeted for Athletes foot.
They come in cream form. Ask your pharmacist if you need help. Or you can visit a doctor and get a prescription

In brief: OTC Fungal Cream

Dr. Parthiban Munnainathan
Dr. Parthiban Munnainathan
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: You don't, and ...

please stop popping the blisters.

In brief: You don't, and ...

please stop popping the blisters.
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine