I am experiencing feeling depressed (quality: feelings of despair, feelings of worthlessness, feeling smothered) . I've been sitting in front of my computer all day, not even going outside, isolated from everyone, including my family. What now?

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Depressed feeling

Get some help either see your private doctor and he can help you get to a psychologist or psychiatrist.
Call your friends or family and get out of the house. Interact with others. Talk to a loved one about these feelings. You do not have to feel alone. There is help if you express yourself. The world will look brighter after you talk to others about your feelings. Feel better!

In brief: Depressed feeling

Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice

In brief: More History

I would like to help you.
I need more history from you. Do you suffer from any medical illnesses? Do you take any prescribed or illicit drugs? Do you drink alcohol? How long has this been going on? Do you have an appetite? What is your diet like? Do you exercise? Do you feel like hurting yourself or anyone else? If you would like I am available for an consultation via HealthTap.

In brief: More History

I would like to help you.
Dr. Harold Mandel
Dr. Harold Mandel
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy?

Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression, which are common is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.

In brief: Therapy?

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Karim Badawy
Podiatry

In brief: Psych Consult

Hello, Unfortunately I had a patient with similar symptoms after a bad sports injury.
It is important not to despair and seek professional help. Often is its helpful to figure out the source of depression and attempt to resolve it. Taking small steps to take your self out of isolation via self talking and building on these small steps daily makes a difference overtime. Feel better!

In brief: Psych Consult

Dr. Karim Badawy
Dr. Karim Badawy
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Depression

It is good to have a medical exam first to rule out any underlying illness.
You could seek psychotherapy from a Clinical Psychologist for help. There are also medications to help with this. With good psychotherapy it can be possible for certain people to overcome the need for medication for depression. You need to get help so you can benefit from good feedback and not isolate yourself.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Judith Tellerman
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Dr. Eric Weisman