I sweat when im not doing anything. I've got my thyroid checked twice and didn't need any treatment. What could be wrong with me?

Dr. Martha Stark

In brief: Sweating out toxins

Fyi: admittedly, hyperhidrosis can really be a drag.
On the other hand, it is better to sweat "too much" than "not enough, " because sweating (because it allows for the excretion of lipophilic, i.e., fat-loving, toxins) is one of the best ways to rid the body of toxins (detoxify). In addition to the skin, other organs of excretion include the gastrointestinal system, the kidneys, and the lungs.

In brief: Sweating out toxins

Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Hyperhidrosis

If not due to medicine or hormone changes, it could be due to hyperhidrosis.
Manualized cognitive behavior psychotherapy can be instrumental. Excessive sweating can also be treated by anticholinergic agents, benzodiazepines, or Buspirone (many of these used by anxiety). Very rarely regional sympathectomy is performed if no benefit from the aforementioned.

In brief: Hyperhidrosis

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson