Dr said I don't need the mening. vax cuz I'm 26. But I work in healthcare, & may go back to college someday. Am I really safe? Never got this vaccine.

In brief: You decide

If you work in an exposed healthcare job like ER triage, clinic screening, etc you are in front line jobs of some risk.
The vaccines provide some but not 100% protection against these diseases. You are not in the target group that got the vaccines through the FDA approval process so you may find it is not covered by insurance. It can be pricey.

In brief: You decide

Excellent advice & information.

In brief: Meningococcal vacci

"In the U.S., three meningococcal vaccines are available: Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4), sold as Menomune.
Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), sold as Menactra, MenHibrix, and Menveo. " REF: http://www.webmd.com/children/vaccines/meningitis-vaccine-what-parents-should-know#1. The reference discussed the age recommendations for each type of meningococcal vaccine.

In brief: Meningococcal vacci

Dr. Shontae Buffington