Is it possible if I and my fiance had sex, and the next day got my period, is their a possibility I can be pregnant?

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Very unlikely, but..

In order to get pregnant, intercourse must occur around the time of ovulation (releasing an egg).
Ovulation usually takes place about two weeks after menstruation, which makes it unlikely (but not 100% impossible) you would become pregnant from intercourse around the time of your period. If you are trying to avoid pregnancy, be sure to discuss effective birth control options with your doctor.

In brief: Very unlikely, but..

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham