Health Anxiety! A1c 5.3 but fasting is always in mid 90s. I check my sugar constantly. So afraid I am developing diabetes because I have had fasting 100 (lab). How can I stop worrying and checking my sugar? Does it take years time to develop diabetes

In brief: Health anxiety

100 is still normal.
Your A1C is normal. If you are worried about diabetes- maintain a healthy weight, exercise regularly, eat a balanced and healthy diet & strive for balance in your life (rather than constantly checking your blood sugar level. Be well.

In brief: Health anxiety

100 is still normal.
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Health Anxiety

Believe in Blessings of Breath of Life every 4 seconds due to which you are alive and have been functioning for 52 years.
Let Wise Woman in you ask: •Determination to become Captain over Health Anxiety, or remain VICTIM of Anxiety •Time and Energy spent in worrying •Believe that Hemoglobin A1C of 5.3 is NORMAL and Blood Sugar of 100 s NOT Diabetes. •Healthy Diet •Exercise •See a Psychiatrist

In brief: Health Anxiety

Dr. Arnon Rubin