Heart rate will go from 87 bpm at sitting to 110bpm at standing is this worrisome should I let my doctor know pcp? Cardiologist? 21 yr old F 205lbs

Tell doctor. It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor. However you seem to be overweight and out of shape. It would help to lose weight through diet and exercise, not easy, but essential. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine.

Related Questions

Should I be concerned that my QTc number was 608 with a heart rate at 117? The doctor confirmed my ECG and now I'm waiting to see a cardiologist.

Long QT. The QT interval (and QT corrected for heart rate, QTc) is a measurement from the EKG. If accurate, your 608 is long and deserves further investigation. Seeing a cardiologist is appropriate and you might look for someone expert in inherited and other causes of long QT. It matters because some of these are associated with risk of arrhythmias. Also look at the lists online of QT-prolonging drugs. . Read more...

Heart rate always above 90 male 5'2 133 lb doc gave me inderal, (propranolol) should I insist on cardiologist referal? I can barely walk without getting very tired

Heart rate. There is not enough information here to know if you should see a cardiologist. You should ask your doc to explain what he/she believes is going on and whether cardiology consult is appropriate. Are you out of shape? Does the doctor believe a cardiac abnormality is present? Read more...