Hiya, what are the causes of sickle cell anemia? I know it is inherited but I need it explained in a way that can tell me the causes of gene mutation.

Gene mutations. are random. The sickle gene confers some resistance to malaria due to the abnormal configuration of hemoglobin. Sickle trait/sickle cell anemia is most prevalent in populations where malaria is or was endemic. It is likely that the mutation conferred some competitive advantage due to its antimalarial effects and was promulgated through natural selection.
2 doses of gene. SSA occurs when the baby gets a sickle gene from both parents.This gene causes the cell to deform (sickle) in some conditions in the body.These cells break down easier resulting in anemia.If they only get 1 sickle gene the good 2nd gene keeps it from deforming.The mutation was random and occurred 10's of thousands of years ago. Being a carrier of one gene makes you less likely to die from malaria.