I had inguinal hernia surgery on right side and now on left side I have simialr discomfort;howevr, ultrasound doesnt show hernia. What can it be?

Uncertain . It could be muscle, they could be a hernia that was not discovered. It could be from something in the pelvis be that is the cause. You need to discuss this with your physician and maybe your gynecologist.
Need more info. Hard to answer your question without knowing more about you and the type of surgery you had for the right hernia repair. It is very important to make an appointment with your surgeon & have him/her re-examine you. If you are not satisfied with his.her advice then please do not be afraid to get a second opinion from another surgeon preferably at a large medical institution.