I have a dark red/brown spot inside my mouth, on the inner cheek. It's small. I first noticed it several months ago, forgot about it, and noticed it again while brushing tonight. I made an appt. with a dentist, but now I'm very worried. Cancer..?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Lesion

You did the right thing about seeking a dental evaluation.
At your age the risk of oral cancer is very low. The fact that it's small and on your cheek also makes it less likely to be a cancerous lesion. Be aware that smoking of any kind and alcohol consumption increases your risks, especially if you do both. Get six month soft tissue examinations at your dentist. Don't worry.

In brief: Lesion

In brief: I would not jump

to that conclusion.
However, we can not diagnose you on this particular Health Tap site. See the dentist and try to calm yourself until then. Take care.

In brief: I would not jump

to that conclusion.