I fractured my wrist 6 weeks ago (fracture right distal radius). I had a below-the-elbow cast which came off yesterday. I am wearing a splint Would you advice to play soccer on Saturday? What can I wear to protect my wrist further?

Dr. Geraldine Goertzen
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Ask your orthopedist

In a young healthy person, at 6 weeks, a fracture is usually healed.
However, I do not know the details or severity of your injury. It is easily possible to fall playing soccer and reinjure it, which would be horrible. You need to follow the advice of the person who knows the details of your injury - your orthopedic doctor.

In brief: Ask your orthopedist

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably not

At 6 weeks after a radius fracture, things are just starting to heal up.
If you see to fall onto the wrist playing soccer, even if you had a splint on, you would be at high risk to refracture it. If you could give it 4 more weeks it would be a lot safer.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine