Can I give my 4 year old acetaminophen & ibuprofen at the same time (eg, 10 ml Tylenol & 10 ml Motrin at the same time - the recommended dosage for hi?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Caution please

What are you treating here? Has this combination been advised by your child's pediatrician?

In brief: Caution please

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Medically safe

It is safe to give both medications at the same time, but ibuprofen should only be given every 6-8 hours and acetaminophen 4-6 h apart, so subsequent doses need to be staggered.
It is preferred that you give only one med at a time and see the response instead of giving them together.

In brief: Medically safe

Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Jonathan Jassey